Key Account Director - London
Date: 30 Jan 2024
Location: London, LND, GB
Company: Beam Suntory
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world’s third largest leading premium spirits company … where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets – our premium spirits and our people – we’re driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
What makes this a great opportunity?
Global Travel Retail is a key business unit of Beam Suntory. That sphere of influence stretches from East to West crossing multiple geographies, interacting with the global shopper and consumer. This channel is uniquely positioned to deliver best in class brand building opportunities alongside a consistently strong commercial performance.
- Create the long-term vision for the specific account and engage the GTR organization behind this to drive change globally to deliver executional & financial performance goals beyond expectations
- Act as the champion for your customer, where necessary challenging the internal status quo, and externally through both formal and informal leadership given clear understanding of market dynamics, market trends and competitor activity
- Support the creation and delivery of the broader one-GTR Accounts strategy in line with our Commercial Vision
- Deliver on outlet standards and 6 P’s (Promotion, Price, People, POS, Product and Placement)
- Key internal collaborator & decision-maker on annual investment, stock allocation & key commercial levers to be agreed upon alongside Brand & Shopper Marketing directors.
- Lead the management of your customer relationships, maximising opportunities for the joint benefit of Beam Suntory & our customers to deliver executional & financial performance goals
- Lead annual planning by being commercially astute in effective negotiation, with a value-added approach to sales & strong problem-solving skills, in line with RGM principles & guidelines
- Deliver holistic performance to deliver long term sustainable growth through effective P&L management in line with budget across all countries, including effective return on investment
- Optimize our RTM and supply footprint to deliver efficiency and improve not just profitability for Beam Suntory but customer satisfaction
- Regular review of all P&L metrics with appropriate planning and interventions put in place to ensure achievement of company goals
- Set parameters for annual price promotion plan, ensuring brand integrity is not compromised.
- Direct Management of the Key Account Managers in their region / BU and strong influence of the virtual global team supporting Global Account in smaller regions
- All aspects of line management, including active DEI advocacy, individual coaching, capability assessment/improvement, and recruitment alongside HR director
- Lead the agenda on in-market Execution Excellence, including key metrics to track alongside Perfect Store strategy, measuring investment efficiency and optimization across all markets
- Coach and develop both the direct and global team to deliver a step change in executional improvements across sales drivers ensuring Beam Suntory brands win at point of purchase.
- Build deep and extended relationships across key retailers (and their business partners) and airports
- In-depth understanding of managing sophisticated retailers in a global market
- Degree level education
- At least 10 years Strategic Account Management experience within FMCG/Luxury goods/Spirits
- Travel retail experience preferred
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant’s skills and experience.