Sommelier - London
Sommelier – London
Wine Sommelier – Homage Restaurant – The Waldorf Hilton London
The Waldorf Hilton London is an iconic & historic London hotel built in the late 1800, located in Aldwych.The hotel features 298 Guest Rooms, including 19 suites. Blending Edwardian “Du Siecle” with modern comfort.
Our hotel sits in the center of London’s glitzy theatre district, just a few minutes’ walk from Covent Garden, The Royal Opera House and Trafalgar Square.Guests of this hotel will experience first-class service, distinguished by an unrivalled commitment to a personalised approach.
We ensure a comfortable, luxurious stays all our guests, with guidance on locally immersive experiences where desired.Homage’s restaurant and Décor pays tribute to the Grand Cafés of Europe Renaissance, offering a high standard of Modern British Food.
Good Godfrey’s bar & Lounge offers crafty & cosmopolitan cocktails as well as canapés and light bites.
A chance to make a difference through our Corporate Responsibility programmes – Find out what and how we are doing (https://cr.hilton.com)
High street discounts: with Perks at Work
Team Member Travel Program: discounted hotel nights plus 50% off Food and Beverages (subject to individual outlets)
Team Member Referral Program
Healthy meals provided
Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays (increasing yearly to up to 33 days)
Discounted dental and health cover
What will I be doing?
- Provide professional and current knowledge of Wine to guests
- Describe and up-sell Wine to provide excellent customer experience
- Project a professional manner with an emphasis on hospitality and guest service
- Ensure accurate billing
- Strive to achieve departmental targets
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Attend training provided by the hotel
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Impeccable grooming standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion and commitment to delivering exceptional levels of service
- Ability to work on your own or in teams
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
The Waldorf Hilton, London
Find more new jobs on Wine Jobs UK.