Retail Store Manager - St Albans
Majestic Wine Jobs
Retail Store Manager – St Albans
Fancy joining the UK’s number one Wine Specialist?
Majestic Wine St Albans are looking for a dynamic individual with the ambition, drive and creativity to run a successful store in a company that’s revolutionising retail!
Who are we?
Majestic is the UK’s largest specialist wine retailer, operating a network of over 200 stores nationwide. Founded in 1980, the company recently passed back into private ownership following the acquisition of Fortress Investment Group and has undergone an ambitious transformation and turnaround programme. The results of which are now being seen, with record market share growth, a new and improved product range, a new website and six new stores – including a pipeline for future expansion over the next five years. With no minimum purchase, the Majestic range includes over 1,100 different wines, spirits and beers, both online and in-store. Majestic’s key strength is over 1,000 WSET-trained colleagues offering knowledgeable, passionate and friendly customer service across all channels.
As a Majestic Store Manager, you are responsible for the sales performance and day-day running of your store. You’ll deliver an exceptional customer experience and optimise KPI performance all while maintaining high operational standards. You will deliver this by building & leading a high performing team, developing team members to excel and reach their full potential. You’ll report into a Regional Manager who, alongside your Regional Operations Manager, will coach & support you in driving the sales performance of your store.
At Majestic Wine, our Customers are at the heart of everything we do. In this role, you’ll be an ambassador for the store in which you work, supporting the team to deliver an outstanding shopping experience.
- Take full responsibility for the performance and day-to-day operations of your store
- Drive store performance by maximising sales opportunities. Optimise KPI performance in store by identifying focus KPIs and building plans to improve them and exceed targets.
- Ensure you and your team deliver exceptional market leading customer service to drive business growth through customer loyalty & repeat purchases
- Demonstrate that you make your own luck by offering your customers a VIP concierge service, actively contacting them with updates on products and tastings.
- Sell the story not the Discount. Demonstrate and share your passion for product with customers through an in depth knowledge of our range, managing a tasting events programme and executing an enticing and commercially savvy tasting counter
- Build, manage & develop a high performing team. Complete quarterly 1-1s and hold regular check-ins with your team in order to drive their performance, development, engagement and wellbeing.
- Nurture and develop the product knowledge of your team, supporting all colleagues to pass their WSET qualifications by sharing your passion and expertise.
- Be a people-focused leader by seeking to resolve all people issues, utilising the support available as required and following company policies and procedures.
- Take accountability and pride for the physical appearance and maintenance of your store both internally & externally – ensuring swift reporting and escalation until resolved.
- Continuously identify opportunities to make improvements which will optimise the operational running of the store.
- Build commercially viable rotas to budget (3 months in advance as minimum), prioritising the customer experience to maximise sales opportunities.
- Ensure your store and team remain fully compliant, safe & legal by following internal policies, processes and completing mandatory training.
- Ensure a consistent cascade to your team of store, regional and business updates and communications. Communicate the ‘why’ and be a sounding board for feedback.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Experience of leading and developing a team in a fast-paced, target-driven retail environment
- Be able to demonstrate leading a team to deliver exceptional customer experience & service
- Commercial acumen and ability to understand store performance data. Familiarity and understanding of the wider drinks retail market
- You can delegate, prioritise and strategically problem solve in high pressure environments
- Self-motivated, able to thrive when working alone and as part of a team
- A can-do attitude with a passion for seeing problems through to solutions
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- WSET 3 Qualification is essential
- Hold a full UK/EU/EEA driving licence for at least 12 months with no more than 6 penalty points
What is in it for you:
- Competitive Salary & Performance Bonus
- Up to 20% staff discount
- Career development opportunities – we are passionate about nurturing our internal talent, offering career progression supported by our excellent in-house training schemes!
- Fantastic incentives that take you around the world to explore our different vineyards.
- A contributory Company Pension Plan
- Life Assurance (Worth 3 times your annual salary)
- Uniform provided
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays.
- PLUS invites to wine tasting events
- Access to Retail Trust which includes: Retail Rewards including Instant savings with discounted e-vouchers, discounted reloadable shopping cards, gift vouchers and gift cards, Discounts of up to 30%, Access to free counselling and support phone line
- Company maternity, paternity and adoption leave after 26 weeks.
- Long service rewards
- Full training provided for your first 3 months with us, continued support throughout your career with Majestic Wine.
- Company sick pay scheme
- Contract: Permanent
- Hours: 45 Hours Per Week
We look forward to receiving your application! Together we are Majestic! #TWAM
On the occasions where we have high volumes of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date in order for us to manage all of the applicants appropriately. We will only be able to offer individual feedback to those candidates who attend an interview.
Find more new jobs on Wine Jobs UK.