Own Label & Brand Product Manager - Hybrid/London
Speciality Drinks Group Jobs
Own Label & Brand Product Manager – Hybrid/London
Founded in 1999 by Sukhinder and Rajbir Singh, Speciality Drinks Group is a fast-growing and world-renowned international spirits company. It was one of the first multi-channel, multi-market global drinks distributors and is a leader in its field. Now made up of four group companies, it is an independently managed business and a recent addition to the Pernod Ricard Group since November 2021.
The Own Label and Brand Product Manager role is pivotal to the Buying team. The successful candidate in role will manage key business projects to drive the company’s quality sourcing credentials and increase revenue to the business.
This role will directly collaborate with the buying team to create and bring to market TWE branded products, own label gifting solutions, innovative packaging, and single cask sourcing from all over the world as well as working with Brand Partners to successfully launch exclusive products to market.
It will cover B2C and a B2B projects. This is the perfect role for someone who has a passion for product, an organised mind, and the ability to deliver complicated projects on time and within budget. This role will require travel and therefore flexibility in hours.
Your unique contribution
- Work with the Buying Director to create the strategy and source single casks and small batches from suppliers all over the world to release steadily throughout the year
- Build relationships with various distilleries/brands to create special one off or ongoing projects for the business – manage those projects through to completion
- Collaborate with Trade team on special bottlings bespoke for bars / retail
- Communicate with design and Creative Projects Manager on new TWE bespoke projects to ensure correct packaging and labelling solutions are used
- Partner with Marketing, Buying Director and press to ensure the projects are launched with maximum impact
- In partnership with marketing, press, editorial, shops and events, ensure brand partner products are launched effectively into the marketing with maximum impact and revenue
- Liaise with dry goods and POS suppliers to make sure materials are produced and delivered on time and to budget for the production plan, optimising cost savings where possible
- Responsible for projects being launched on time and with all parties aligned, including Creative Services / retail / trade
- Check competitor ranges (both UK and overseas) and products to ensure pricing is comparable and that we have as broad a range of single barrels
- With Buying Director create innovative gifting solutions and packaging to keep us current and relevant in the gifting marketing, using sustainable sourcing and packaging
- Work with independent bottlers and others to launch show bottling for the Whisky / Rum / Cognac shows managing the process and ensuring the product is delivered on time from end to end.
Your blend of talent
As well as having experience in the drinks industry and a passion for its products, you’ll also have…
- Project Management experience
- Excellent stakeholder management and negotiation skills
- Active listener who speaks clearly and articulately with excellent written skills
- Able to make rational decisions under pressure
- Self-motivated and proactive, resolving issues before they escalate into problems
- Meticulous attention to detail, with a passion for continual improvement
- WSET level 3 plus or equivalent drinks certificate (desirable)
- Connections within the industry from a distillery level (desirable)
- Packaging and labelling and product development experience (desirable)
Our mix of benefits
We offer Sage Employee Benefits for your Health including GP OnDemand and EAP.
Our lifestyle benefits options include 33 days’ annual holiday including BHs, employee pension, life cover, income protection & private medical insurance.
You can access gifts & discounts, including a 15% discount on our products sold online at The Whisky Exchange. Access to company events.
We’re committed to diversity and inclusion
We promote diversity and inclusion throughout our business. In our teams, we proactively foster a diverse work force and an inclusive culture – an environment where we can truly be ourselves.
We will assess your application for this role based on your skills, experiences and achievements, not your gender, age, ethnic or educational background or any other such factors. Please feel free to leave these off your CV and application form if you so wish.
About The Whisky Exchange Group
The Whisky Exchange is a trusted, premium focused, omni-channel spirits specialist sharing its passion and knowledge with consumers around the world reaching more than 80 M£ net sales and employing more than 200 people. It operates via various channels:
- a multi-award-winning website selling over 5000 whiskies, spirits, liqueurs and Champagnes to over 65 countries around the world,
- a premier supplier (Speciality Drinks) of premium whiskies, spirits and champagnes to the most prestigious UK on-trade venues
- 3 flagship stores, ideally located in Central London, bringing a shop window to TWE website with an extensive variety of products on shelf, expert advice and services (Click & Collect, masterclasses, trainings, tastings, …)
- the most trusted dealer of old & rare spirits to collectors, investors, spirit connoisseurs and corporates
- one of the leading online auction players (Whisky.Auction) in a fast-growing secondary market for whiskies, other spirits and wines
- an event team organizing the UK’s leading whisky, Champagne, Cognac and rum shows, opportunities to share a passion for spirits and educate customers through recognized events bringing together brands, collectors and spirits lovers.
Find more new jobs on Wine Jobs UK.