National Account Manager - Glasgow
National Account Manager – Glasgow
Edrington UK is the UK’s number one whisky supplier. As part of the global Edrington group it is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of global brands such as The Macallan, Highland Park and The Famous Grouse in the UK marketplace. As a distribution partner of Beam Suntory, Edrington UK also represents many of its brands in the UK, including Courvoisier, Laphroaig, Maker’s Mark and The House of Suntory range of Japanese craft spirits
With offices in Glasgow and London, Edrington UK’s customers range from major supermarkets and online retailers to the country’s very best bars, pubs and restaurants. At Edrington UK, we pride ourselves in being a people-first organisation. We have been recognised as one of the UK’s Best Workplace TM , as well as an official Great Place to Work for Women and Great Place to Work for Wellbeing.
Remuneration and Package
- Salary £40,000 – £51,000 per annum
- 12 month fixed term contract
- Annual bonus
- Car allowance
- 37 days holiday + 4 Giving More Days
- Attractive pension
- ShareSave scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Flexible working
- Global wellbeing programme
The National Account Manager is responsible for Edrington UK’s commercial performance and day-to-day relationship with identified customers. As National Account Manager, you will lead the management of your customer relationships, maximising opportunities for the joint benefit of Edrington UK and our customers and take ownership for the delivery of financial and brand objectives.
The role will cover primarily cash and carry accounts focusing on delivering great value for independent retailers across our core brands (The Famous Grouse, Sourz, Jim Beam and Courvoisier). Regular travel to London and Birmingham will be required for this role.
Day-to-day you will be responsible for the following:
- Deliver the agreed commercial P&L for your customers
- Continuously monitor the customer performance to identify opportunities and minimise risks
- Work with category development and customer marketing teams to develop, implement and maintain strategic and bespoke account plans in line with our category vision
- Create and implement joint business plans with your accounts to achieve the objectives of both Edrington UK and the customer
- Hold regular customer performance reviews and evaluate effectiveness to ensure delivery of objectives
- Develop appropriate key contact strategy and deploy this to maximum effect across relevant accounts and key stakeholders
- Accurately record and maintain reporting systems ensuring all relevant data is captured, monitored and utilised
- Ensure all volume and spend forecasts and actuals are updated accurately and on time
Skills And Experience
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Experience in working with retail customers (preferred)
- Customer focused
- Experience of a fast-paced sales environment
- Effective negotiation style
- Strong analytical skills and commercial awareness
- Robust financial proficiency
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- High level of computer literacy
- Regular travel to Head Office will be required within this role
- Hours may vary so a flexible schedule is required
- Full UK drivers’ licence
Employee value proposition
At Edrington, you will experience an incredible culture based on respect and giving more. We are exceptionally passionate about our brands and genuinely care about our people, continually investing in their development and wellbeing. Join Edrington and make a world of difference.
💬 Let the recruiter know you found this job on Wine Jobs UK.
🔍 Find more new jobs on Wine Jobs UK.