Marketing Graduate Scheme 2024
Mitchells & Butlers Jobs
Marketing Graduate Scheme 2024
Mitchells & Butlers is a company driven by purpose. We run 1600 of the UK’s best-loved restaurants and pubs – and our mission is to make sure they’re places where many of life’s meaningful moments happen. Even if you don’t recognise our name, you’ll almost certainly know at least some of the 15 big brands we own – including the stylish All Bar One brand, the legendary Miller & Carter steakhouses, the buzzing O’Neill’s pubs and the iconic Toby Carvery name.
We set the industry standard when it comes to delivering excellent service, great food, and value for money to our guests. But none of this would be possible without our amazing people. And now we’re looking for our future leaders. Could you be the perfect person to join our graduate scheme as we continue our journey of growing the businesses our guests love to eat and drink in?
Our Marketing Graduate Scheme
If you’re on the lookout for a fantastic opportunity to build a career in marketing, you’re in the right place.
Our graduate scheme will provide you with a personalised programme over twelve months that will cater to your development needs, alongside giving you all the amazing experience that comes from being involved in real-time business projects, so that upon completion you’ll be ready to be interviewed for and appointed to your first role in marketing.
You’ll develop through on the job learning and a range of critical learning opportunities during placements with our central marketing team or marketing innovation team, and brand marketing team. Our scheme framework will ensure you have every opportunity to learn all the necessary technical skills in marketing.
You’ll complete a pub or restaurant placement as well, giving you real insight into what it means to give our guests brilliant experiences. You’ll also attend various development workshops designed to build your leadership capabilities and enhance your skill sets, as we are a business that is passionate about people, our Marketing function is no different.
And you’ll be supported every step of the way by a team of like minded people, including your line manager, placement manager and buddy.
You’ll be well rewarded…
As well as all the development opportunities and experiences you’ll benefit from, we offer a pretty standout package too…
- With a salary of £30,000 and an annual bonus scheme, we make sure your enthusiasm, commitment and hard work is well rewarded.
- Life’s for living! That’s why you’ll get 26 days of annual leave plus bank holidays and the option to buy up to 2 weeks’ extra holiday so you can spend even more time doing what you love.
- Who doesn’t love eating out? And you’ll probably love it even more as you’ll get a whopping 33% discount across every one of our brands! What’s more, you can also choose FIVE of your faves and sign them up for an amazing 20% friends & family discount too!
- We keep things as flexible as we can, giving you choice over working options so you can fit work around all the other important things going on in your life.
- Wellbeing’s all about being healthy, happy and feeling good about who you are and what you do. Here at M&B, we’ll help you live well and feel well, supporting you with your wellbeing so you’ll love every moment in and outside work.
- You’ll have the opportunity to join our established company social committee – a great way to help connect others across our diverse organisation!
- We’re serious when we say your wellbeing matters – and that’s why we’ll provide you with a private medical plan and employee helpline.
- It’s never too early to look after your future financially. So we’ll give you a pension that pays, where we’ll more than match your contributions (x1.5 of your contributions, up to a maximum of 5% of your salary).
- From the companies’ charities to the ones that matter to you – you’ll be able to choose how to give something back.
- A payday social – held in our Head Office bar in Birmingham!
- The chance to support our current three-year charity partnership with Shelter who work tirelessly to help beat homelessness by getting involved in all kinds of fun and challenging fundraising events – Wolf Runs, Bake Offs and Quiz Nights to name just a few!
- As you’ll need to travel around the UK, you’ll be given a company car.
We’re an exciting place to build a career
It’s not only the opportunities and rewards that make us a great place to start your career. There are lots of graduates throughout the businesses, so you’ll become part of a thriving community – work should be fun, you should be able to have a laugh and make some lifelong friends along the way too!
An approach to sustainability to be proud of
When it comes to sustainability, we’re an organisation that doesn’t compromise on our responsibilities.
In 2019 we launched a sustainability strategy designed to make sure we were focusing on our contribution to society and the major issues facing our planet. And then in 2022 we reassessed our approach. We set ourselves even tougher challenges and targets to meet because we recognise just how urgent a priority climate change is.
Our sustainability ethos is built around supporting the communities we serve, sourcing as responsibly as we can, and showing respect for the planet by working hard to reduce our emissions, tackle waste and protect biodiversity.
And we will never stop asking ourselves what more we can do.
So what are we looking for from our graduates?
- You’ll either have, or be predicted to achieve in 2024, at least a 2:1 degree in a marketing-related discipline
- ABB grades at A level (or equivalent BTEC grades) or above
- Commitment, resilience and a determination to succeed in your chosen career within Marketing
- A full clean UK driver’s licence
- As this role is mobile there’s flexibility over where you reside in the UK, but you’ll need to be able to travel to our Head Office located in the heart of the vibrant city of Birmingham for meetings when required
How should you apply?
If you’re excited by what you’ve read so far, we want to hear from you! Click the apply button on this page and you’ll be redirected to our careers website to complete an online application.
Should your application be shortlisted, you will be invited to an initial video interview. If you’re successful at that stage, you’ll then be invited to our Retail Support Centre in Birmingham city centre for a face-to-face interview and assessment.
And if you’re successful – you can look forward to starting your journey with us in late September/early October 2024!
Applications are open from 4th October – 3rd December 2023. We anticipate a high volume of interest so be sure to get yours in quickly, as we may have to close applications ahead of December.
Please contact [email protected] if you have any issues or queries.
💬 Let the recruiter know you found this job on Wine Jobs UK.
🔍 Find more new jobs on Wine Jobs UK.