Key Account Manager - Independent retail
Nyetimber is a pioneering luxury brand and multiple award-winning English sparkling wine producer. Our story is one of many firsts; we were the first to pioneer the now-established style of English sparkling wine; we were the first to grow the renowned grape varieties Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier in England exclusively for producing sparkling wine; and the estate where our vines were first planted, was first mentioned in the Domesday book of 1086 by its then Anglo-Saxon name “Nyetimbraha”.
Quality is key to absolutely everything we do at Nyetimber and there is a constant strive for perfection. We produce exceptional sparkling wine, but always keep in mind that the reference to exceptional goes beyond wine, it extends to every touch point of the brand.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Key Account Manager – Independent Retail to join our team. This position is well-suited to a Key Account Manager with experience working within luxury retail and the premium drinks industry, particularly in the wine trade.
This position will report to the Head of UK Sales and will be responsible for developing sales and distribution amongst new and existing Independent Retail businesses and online retailers, maintaining strong business relations and contacts with key wine broker customers as well as independent retail accounts to develop and grow Nyetimber’s online sales plan and strategies.
A snapshot of responsibilities:
Off Trade Sales
- Use established contacts at a senior level within the wine broker and independent merchant community; manage the relationship between buyers and Nyetimber for all retail accounts, ensuring key style volume, value and profit growth year on year in line with set budgets.
- Own the annual planning process with key customers requiring a calendar of activity and events.
- Create and deliver the online/independent merchant Off-Trade strategy; work closely with the National Retail Account Manager to develop the sales and distribution amongst new and existing Off-Trade retail customers.
- Create an engagement plan for new independent merchant and wine broker businesses and activate.
- Create tools, insights and contacts to meet strategic aims and objectives.
- Frequent retail store sales visits to ensure agreed metrics are achieved in each outlet including listings, incentives, education, staff and customer tastings/events.
- Manage day to day running of the accounts, including liaising with marketing to provide customer marketing, In-Store merchandising and visibility, and track/report on sales performance.
- Liaise with internal regional teams to ensure that strategies are carried out in accordance with agreed metrics and strategy.
- Provide regular reporting on Sales forecasting by style and channel to the National Account Manager and Head of Sales-UK.
- Work closely with our external customer platforms and provide strategic online sales strategies to increase customer base.
- Achieve set KPIs such as sales volume targets, profit goals and listing positionings on the online platforms of our customers.
- Build strategic plans to increase sales and drive profitability, including pricing structures and product listings, enhance our e-commerce performance and visibility with our external customer platforms.
- Analyse current online customer base and recommend optimisation that will better serve Nyetimber’s strategic coverage, style and pricing goals.
- Measure performance of online campaigns and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Present findings and recommendations to the National Account Manager, Head of Sales-UK and Senior Management. This includes tracking and acting upon changes to listing position on the platforms, changes to the SEO landscape used by our customers and how that could affect our own e-commerce.
- Consistently analyse and report on trends, competitors and products to ensure we remain at the forefront.
- Undertaking such other duties commensurate with the responsibilities of the role and any other reasonable management request.
- Previous experience in related a luxury retail environment.
- Account Management and sales experience within the premium drinks industry, particularly in the wine trade.
- Ability to build strong relationships with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and highly self-motivated.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet targets.
- Commercial and luxury brand focus.
- Wine related qualification – WSET Diploma or similar is desirable.
- Proactive and solutions-focussed mindset, sharing ideas and knowledges with peers and colleagues.
- Good knowledge of MS Office suite e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams, Sharepoint
The Nyetimber Experience
- Be a part of the world renowned English sparkling wine and multi award winning wine producer.
- Work for a true British heritage brand.
- Beautiful Mayfair office location.
- Hybrid working policy (3:2 office: home).
- 23 days holiday.
- Generous staff purchasing privileges.
- Excellent development, growth, and progression opportunities.
- Life Assurance.
- Simply Health Cash plan.
- 5% Pension
To apply, please send your CV and any supporting documents to [email protected]