Key Account Executive - Sydney/Australia
Treasury Wine Estates Jobs
Key Account Executive – Sydney/Australia
Reporting to the Penfolds National Business Development Manager, this role is responsible for developing new and incremental business to dramatically increase the availability and activation of Penfolds wines in key on-premise venues and independent retailers across NSW, with a heightened focus on the Sydney CBD and surrounds.
- Develop and execute strategic business plans with priority venues including hotels, restaurants, bars, restaurants, along with independent retailers
- Identify and target new on-premise business for the listing of Penfolds wines by the bottle and by the glass
- Target new retailers and grow existing relationships to drive increased ranging and availability of the portfolio
- Negotiate and manage strong commercial relationships with customer venues and key decision makers
- Responsible for activating Penfolds’s marketing initiatives and programs and undertaking wine education and training, as well as representing Penfolds to employees, guests and consumers at events and dinners
You possess significant knowledge and passion for wine along with demonstrated sales and negotiation experience in the on-premise and / or off premise channel. You perform at a high standard and are well known for your professionalism, resilience, and tenacity. You can effectively manage time and prioritise your workload to obtain the best results.
- Proven ability to develop new business over time including setting and progress checking against milestones and targets
- Strong strategic planning skills to develop initiatives to achieve targeted results
- Understanding of alcohol supply to customers through a wholesaler model
- Acute negotiation and influencing skills
- A team player that will add to our positive team culture
- Formal wine education such as WSET would be highly regarded
What’s in it for you
- Tools of trade: car, mobile, laptop
- Structured and detailed training and development to set you up for success
- Opportunity to build a career across multiple functions (we’re really good at doing this!)
- Health and travel discounts
- Development programs to support your health, wellbeing, and career
- Financial Review Boss Best Places to Work winner 2022 (and 2021!)
- Access to the world’s most admired wines through our employee product allowance
- Global opportunities across Australia & New Zealand, the US, Asia, UK/Europe
What’s it like to work here?
We bring our whole selves, we’re courageous and we deliver together – that’s our DNA. We’re a passionate bunch who enjoy working together, like to have fun and keep things down-to-earth. We’re brave enough and care enough to have the right conversations to get the best outcome and are famous for our can-do attitude. We’re definitely “glass half full” people and see challenges as opportunities and move with pace to achieve our goals.
If you’re ready to help us be the world’s most admired premium wine company, please apply now!
It takes all varietals!
Just like the wide range and variety of brands in our wine portfolio, TWE embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin or on the basis of disability. If you require any assistance to be included in our process, please contact [email protected], quoting the job title and reference number.
How to apply
We move quickly at TWE and continually review applications, so if you don’t want to miss out, apply today. Note that we prefer to deal with you directly; we haven’t briefed a recruitment agency on this role and won’t be accepting CVs through any recruitment agency, so please apply directly.
💬 Let the recruiter know you found this job on Wine Jobs UK.
🔍 Find more new jobs on Wine Jobs UK.