Head of Customer Marketing - Field Based
Head of Customer Marketing – Field Based
Location: Field Based with travel to our offices in Wolverhampton, Northmapton and meetings in London. You will ideally be field based 3 days a week.
Competitive Salary with extensive benefits: product allowance, bonus scheme, access to 24/7 Private GP services, enhanced company pension contribution, generous holiday (including bank holidays), Life Assurance, access to a range of high street discounts and weekly sporting event ticket availability.
Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company (CMBC) is almost 3 years old! That said we were formed out of a joint venture between Carlsberg UK and Marston’s PLC, we combine over 300 years of shared values, history, and heritage in UK brewing. We are an ambitious organisation and are outperforming the market consistently.
We are now recruiting for a Head of Customer Marketing to join us, reporting to the VP of Marketing. This is a critical role to assist us build a portfolio of brands loved by consumers and demanded by our customers. The role is to get under the skin of the customer agenda and deliver compelling plans to advance our brand growth to improve availability and penetration. You and your team will work to maintain alignment between our brand, sales, and category teams so we have a complete customer plan balancing longer term ambition with short term delivery. So, the ability to work in a matrix style business would be useful.
Most importantly, great customer relationships and brand execution can only happen with an extraordinary team. We will need you continuously to develop improvements to raise the bar on 3 critical areas: employee engagement, commercial performance, and creative execution.
You will work as part of a hard-working and innovative Marketing Leadership Team and a wider cross functional Senior Leadership Team to collectively drive competitive advantage to continue our exciting growth story.
- Accountable for leadership, coaching, engagement, and performance of the Customer Marketing Team.
- Accountable for collaborating with Brands Marketing on annual activation plans and executing in stores and outlet eye popping activation that inspires shoppers and consumers to purchase CMBC brands across all sales channels (on trade and off trade)
- Develop and deliver effective execution at point of purchase and review annual commercial plans to grow the business. To influence key commercial decisions and ensure CMBC effectively plans to meet all customer requirements. The ability to prioritize investment and time will be critical to sucess within the role.
- Calculate ROI for key activities and maximizing consumer & shopper facing spend.
- Influence and align with senior stakeholders both internal and external to ensure initiatives deliver against brand and commercial expectations and the needs of our customers.
- Accountable for ensuring customer marketing investments deliver against specific KPIs (e.g., penetration and rate of sale growth) and deliver incremental gross profit.
- Developing the team in providing the sales force with compelling B2B selling tools and activations (e.g., industry & customer trade shows and conferences etc.)
- Launch premium brand innovation with scale and cut through bringing in inspiration from outside of the category.
- Thought leadership on shopper marketing trends and innovation to provide inspiration for future activation in channel.
- Maintain the relationships and content for key trade press titles.
- Oversee the selection, relationships and performance of external agencies including shopper marketing & B2B.
- Build personal relationships with key strategic customers.
- Enthusiastic member of the Marketing Leadership Team and prepared to work on activities and projects for the wider team/organisation.
Experience and Key Attributes required:
- Several years of experience in building brands through customer retail (experience of both on and off trade would be useful).
- Ability to evaluate, prioritise, and facilitate alignment across a large portfolio and diverse customer group.
- Ability to build positive relationships and culture with the team, peers, and ability of managing upwards.
- High project management skills and able to deliver quickly moving customer agendas; agile to reprioritise if needed.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Agency management and cost control experience of large budgets.
- High communication and presentation skills, with the ability to inspire and encourage innovation internally and externally.
- Ability to work efficiently and as part of a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment.
- You will be educated to degree standards or have several years of proven customer marketing experience and career development.
This is an exciting time to join the business whose founders believed in quality, research, and developing the community. They looked to the future, prizing long-term growth over short-term gain. At Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company (CMBC), we are making a difference. Diverse people with diverse skills, working together and at speed. Navigating changes in society, technology, and consumer preference.
Apply today and a member of the recruitment team will be in touch!
CMBC is a new company, fuelled by highly engaged, empowered and passionate employees who will go above and beyond to deliver best in class customer service and help grow our portfolio of brands and business. With their entrepreneurial spirit, these employees take personal accountability and initiative to act and find solutions. Our employees work hard and have fun, enjoying supportive relationships that extend across the whole business.
Find more new jobs on Wine Jobs UK.