Events Manager - London
Events Manager – London
WSET’s purpose is to empower people through inspiring learning experiences all over the world. We offer a comprehensive suite of globally recognised qualifications covering wines, spirits and sake.
We are the world’s leading provider of qualifications in wines, spirits and sake, delivering over 140,000 exams each year to candidates in over 70 countries via our network of Approved Programme Providers (APPs).
The successful applicant will contribute to a culture of integrity, empowerment, dynamism, and inclusivity within WSET.
Any offer of employment or your ongoing employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a thorough background check by an independent third party. NB – If you currently work for one of WSET’s APPs, you may not be eligible to apply for this role subject to your future career plans and the nature of that role. If you work for an APP either in a self-employed or employed capacity and would like to discuss your eligibility, please contact the hiring manager.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Events Manager with a passion for delivering impactful activity and engaging global audiences.
Working in close collaboration with the Head of Events and Partnerships, the Events Manager will lead the programming and execution of a global digital and in-person events programme This role would suit a creative, collaborative and highly organised individual with excellent communication skills. We are looking for someone who is experienced in end-to-end event management and event marketing to help us develop brand awareness, build our prospect pipeline and engage a community of drinks professionals and enthusiasts around the world.
As well as delivering our global events programme (weighted towards digital events), you will be responsible for identifying new opportunities for third party event collaborations, contributing ideas to enhance our existing portfolio and ensuring that global event processes are adopted across all regional events.
Key events that this role is responsible for include:
- Annual graduation and prize ceremony
- Global APP Summit (annual digital event for WSET course providers)
- Events Hub webinar programme
- Beer launch events
- Third party trade and consumer events with a global focus
Our events programme is evolving so flexibility and a passion for both digital and in-person events is essential.
Key activities include:
- Manage all aspects of WSET’s Events Hub webinar programme (approx. 24 sessions annually), including planning and delivery of sessions, audience communication, researching and curating sessions in line with global marketing themes, securing a diverse range of speakers, collaborating cross functionally and managing our YouTube on-demand library and community feed
- End-to-end event management of WSET’s flagship events: Graduation (hybrid) and the Global APP Summit (virtual)
- Manage key event partnerships and WSET’s presence at a selection of global tradeshows, leading on programming and logistics
- Writing engaging copy and building event communications: invitations, reminders, post event follow ups
- Collaboration with global marketing team to develop event promotional plans, promotional assets and ensure the WSET brand is represented in line with guidelines
- Ensuring global events processes are adopted across all global and regional events from the event brief through to the post event report
- Managing third party supplier relationships
- Ensuring events are delivered within budget and in accordance with objectives
- Carrying out contingency planning, risk assessments and health and safety procedures
- Providing events consultancy and best practice guidance to teams across WSET
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list and responsibilities will evolve in accordance with strategic priorities and team objectives.
Essential skills and competencies
- Extensive end to end event management experience across in-person and digital events with a proven track record of achieving positive results and delivering high quality activity
- Experience of delivering inclusive digital events on an international scale, particularly across APAC, Americas and EMEA
- Experience of developing event programmes using data and market insights
- Experience of producing inspiring and engaging copy for a range of event communications
- An understanding of events marketing to create opportunities and optimise success.
- Experienced using events management and email platforms: Accel Events (or similar), Eventbrite, Zoom and Dot Digital
- Experience of building and managing relationships with a variety of stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent budget management and reporting skills
- Experience appointing and managing third party suppliers and freelancers.
- A knowledge of latest events trends and technologies
- A flexible approach with the ability to prioritise workload, operate under pressure and confidently make decisions.
- A team player with a positive and proactive attitude
- Willingness to travel and work outside of standard office hours including evenings and weekends during busy event periods.
Desirable skills and competencies
- Professional events or marketing qualification
- Proficiency in CRM, ideally Microsoft Dynamics
- Design experience using Figma
Fully remote – Can be performed entirely remotely from any location.
Hybrid remote – Performed as a mixture of in-office and remote work.
Temporarily remote – Performed in a single location, such as an office or at a job site, but which is temporarily remote during special circumstances).
Annual Leave – 27 days pa + public holidays, increases with service; ability to buy/sell 5 days
Pension (options available after three months):
5% Employee (EE) 3% Employer (ER) contributions.
Option 1: 3% EE 5% ER
Option 2: 5% EE 8% ER
Option 3: 7.5% EE 12.5% ER
Option 4: 9% EE 15 ER
Health insurance (after three months):
Vitality scheme – post probation – Access to virtual GP appointments, Rewards include Caffe Nero drinks, Cinema Tickets, Apple Watch, Cash Back on Waitrose shopping, Amazon Prime membership, 75% off at Champneys, 6 month subscription with HeadSpace, Discounted Weight Watchers membership and gyms such as Virgin Active or Nuffield Health, Smoking Cessation day worth £300 and half price health screens
Eye voucher scheme
Food and drink in the office
Nespresso coffee makers and a range of other drinks, fruit, cereals, soups
Season ticket & gym membership loan scheme
Group income protection scheme
24/7 confidential help and support from trained counsellors and advisors
Death in service
4x annual salary paid to nominees with associated bereavement support for family
Enhanced family friendly leave and pay
Development – WSET’s in-house training and qualifications in Wines, Spirits, Sake and Beer as well as other professional development opportunities
💬 Let the recruiter know you found this job on Wine Jobs UK.
🔍 Find more new jobs on Wine Jobs UK.