Brand Manager - London
Pernod Ricard Jobs
Brand Manager – London
Brand Manager, Rare & Collectable
Your Manager: Marketing Manager – Rare & Collectable
Team: Rare & Collectable Marketing team
We operate a hybrid working approach, which allows you to manage your time between home and office.
Be part of something big
We are Pernod Ricard, a leading company in the global wines and spirits industry with over 19,000 employees globally. We own 16 of the world’s top 100 Spirits Brands and hold one of the most prestigious and comprehensive brand portfolios in the industry with 240 premium brands available in over 160 countries, including: Absolut vodka, Ballantine’s, Chivas Regal, Royal Salute, and The Glenlivet Scotch whiskies, Jameson Irish whiskey, Martell cognac, Havana Club rum, Beefeater, Malfy and Monkey 47 gins, Malibu liqueur, Mumm and Perrier-Jouët champagnes as well Jacob’s Creek, Brancott Estate and Campo Viejo wines.
Here in the UK
In the UK, Pernod Ricard is made up of 3 businesses:
- Pernod Ricard UK, which markets, sells and distributes our products in the UK market
- Chivas Brothers, the largest brand company in the Group, responsible for the production and management of our award-winning Scotch whisky portfolio
- Pernod Ricard Global Travel Retail, the global and EMEA home of the group’s duty free, air travel and cruises business.
We are an organisation of 2,000 employees in the UK, headquartered in London, in a brand-new office designed with sustainability, ‘conviviality’ and collaboration in mind. We also have offices in Scotland and various distilleries and production sites across the UK from Plymouth to London to Speyside.
Your new team
This position sits in our Chivas Brothers business. At Chivas Brothers, our 1,600-strong team across 27 sites is committed to upholding the heritage of Scotch and ensuring its sustainable future, as well as opening it up to new audiences across the globe.
You will join the Global Rare Malts & Collectable Whisky Marketing team which is responsible for developing globally the strategy and content for our Luxury & Ultra Prestige portfolio of Single Malt brands (Secret Speyside Platform, Longmorn single malt whisky).
Your unique contribution
The scope of the role is focussed across the Rare & Collectable business unit
Main areas of responsibility include:
- Acting as the guardian of the platform/brands, defining their strategic proposition & developing the marketing mix including Brand identity, range, packaging, positioning, and pricing.
- Identifying the strategic targets, the consumer decision journey related to these targets and the key touchpoints, especially digital.
- Engaging with key stakeholders (PD, Blending, Legal, finance, etc) internally to develop the range & packaging.
- Defining the launch and activation strategy along with identifying assets needed to establish & promote the new brands (offline and online), including brand guidelines and creative playbooks.
- Liaising with commercial team, lead markets and external partners to measure launch results and global strategy implementation, collecting learnings and improving when required.
- Managing in autonomy cross-functional project teams and external agencies.
- Managing A&P, monitoring and controlling budget for own projects.
- Engage key stakeholders across functions to drive agenda behind broad S&R commitments.
Who you’ll be working with:
Internally, reporting into the Marketing Manager of Rare Malts & Collectable whisky, the role also works closely with various support functions across the business. You will work with key markets (D2VIP, China, Japan, The Gulf, Singapore, USA & Travel Retail), Product development team, legal team, Insight team, finance team & S&R team.
Externally, your contacts will primarily be creative agencies, product design agencies, where you will lead the relationship for the brand.
Your blend of talent
This position could be right for you if you have:
- Solid experience in new product development & activation obtained preferably from a prestige / creative environment.
- Initiative, ownership – sense of personal responsibility and ability to work autonomously when required; ability to provide pragmatic solutions and to overcome barriers.
- Excellent project management skill and the ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail, ensuring deliverables are always to a very high standard.
- Strong creativity and luxury sensibility.
- Ability to navigate the digital environment, understand how to succeed in a digital world, use technologies and new digital tactics in the day-to-day activities.
- Good interpersonal skills with team player mindset – ability to work in the multicultural environment of a global brand team and to collaboratively work with various teams, agencies, sites and markets.
- Experience of managing creative agencies and developing assets desirable
- Presentation skills – confidence to present formally to internal and external audiences with the ability to engage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluency in English (both written and verbal).
- Passion for whisky, experience of drinks and/or luxury sector would be an advantage.
Our mix of benefits
For your health, we offer private medical insurance, income protection and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
Our lifestyle benefits include 28 days’ annual holiday, your employee pension, share incentive plan, season ticket loans, payroll giving and more!
You can access lots of gifts & discounts, including an allowance each year to spend on our brands in our staff shop and employee discounts from a range of high street retailers.
We have regular events in our very own office bar, employee-run networks, a culture of flexibility and trust and a variety of tools and resources to help you focus on your wellbeing and mental fitness.
Conviviality: the Pernod Ricard Way
We have our own way of doing things. We call it conviviality! It’s our way of being, and something unique you feel and experience when working for Pernod Ricard.
We’re committed to conviviality, and with this, you’ll be Proud to Belong to our Pernod Ricard family. You’ll be Empowered to Perform, supported to succeed, and acknowledged for the value you bring.
We combine all this with our Commitment to Care: we are unlocking the magic of human connection to transform our industry and make a positive impact on the world though our strong focus on sustainability and responsibility.
We’re committed to diversity and inclusion
People are at the heart of everything we do at Pernod Ricard and are the foundation of our collective spirit as ‘Créateurs de Convivialité’.
We promote diversity and inclusion throughout our business and supply chain. In our teams, we proactively foster a diverse work force and an inclusive culture – an environment where we can truly be ourselves.
We will assess your application for this role based on your skills, experiences and achievements, not your gender, age, ethnic or educational background or any other such factors. Please feel free to leave these off your CV and application form if you so wish.
Similarly, if you would like to discuss opportunities for flexible working or require accommodations or support to complete our application process, please let us know.
As ‘Créateurs de convivialité’, we want to turn social interactions into genuine and friendly experiences of sharing and wellbeing.
In our culture, we want to create diverse teams in which our differences contribute to our success. Therefore, all are welcome at Pernod Ricard, regardless of your religious beliefs or personal choices on the consumption of alcohol.
In our business, we work together with industry members, civil society, governments, local authorities and UN bodies to promote responsible drinking.
Find more new jobs on Wine Jobs UK.