Assistant Vineyard Manager - Essex
New Hall Wine Estate Jobs
Assistant Vineyard Manager – Essex
Established in 1969, Newhall Wine Estate is one of the oldest vineyards in the uk and has been key to the development of the industry. We are looking to strengthen our Vineyard team by recruiting an assistant vineyard manager.
Overseeing 120 acres of vines many dating back to the 1970’s and 16 different varieties with further plantings scheduled for 2024, this is a challenging new position with great potential to develop your own skills whilst being part of one of the country’s most exciting vineyard regions The Crouch Valley. With experience of cool climate grapes, a passion for growing, and a proven record of successfully running a team, you’ll be key in helping shape the business as we continue to expand, and you develop your Viticultural career.
- Keen interest in general horticulture, the growing season and the outdoors.
- Highly practical with a hands-on, common-sense approach.
- Strong team-working ethos, able to adapt quickly to new tasks.
- Proactive and positive, keen to learn with a professional approach.
- Capable of instilling high standards of care and attention in others.
- Excellent communication skills; you’ll be providing instructions to the team on a daily basis
Key Responsibilities/Job Roles:
- Team Supervision – including seasonal vineyard and part time contract staff
- Vineyard Operations – pruning, tying, frost control, bud rubbing, canopy management, harvest
- Vineyard Equipment Operations – spraying, soil cultivation, foliage trimming, mowing and use of specialise vineyard equipment
- Equipment Maintenance – running checks on vehicles, machinery & implements, vineyard trellis & headlands, buildings
- Record Keeping
- Assisting the vineyard Manager with Budget setting and cost control
- Implementing and monitoring our Health and Safety policies
Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
- Viticultural degree or equivalent practical experience in viti/horticulture
- PA1, PA2 and PA3 pesticide certification
- Tractor driving experience.
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Driving license
Salary & package based on experience – Full Time role 39 hrs a week Mon – Fri some weekend work when required.
Please send CV and covering letter to Andy Hares, Vineyard and Estates Manager at [email protected]